Thursday, June 7, 2018

The Us That Didn’t Give Up


I’m glad
that we are very different,
so that every day,
is a learning process,
to know me
and to know you.

I’m glad
that we’ve survived all the hardships
that no one else know,
I’m glad we get to keep to ourselves
all the sad and bad episodes of life,
the episodes that only we know.

I’m glad that as it sometimes seems dysfunctional
and impossible,
we’re still in this.

I’m glad I didn’t give up
I’m glad that you didn’t, too
when it seemed like there was no hope;
when we struggled to find the slightest light,
I’m glad we hold on to whatever that’s left
     to carry on.

I’m glad that we are the bad person
for each other at times,
and still be the goodness for each other
every time.

I’m glad we never combine our names,
I’m glad we never wear matchy color clothes when we’re out,
I’m glad we don’t have our own song,
I’m glad we are not one of those typical stuff.

I’m glad we’re one of a kind,
and for what it’s worth,
I’m glad we are us.

And mostly,
after all of these times,
I’m glad we didn’t give up on each other.

No comments: