Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Letting Go

I remember when I was young (dumb and broke) *okay, not funny 🙄

I was at that point of learning how to survive a heartache. As much as it hurt, I didn’t want to let go. But at some point, I got tired as it got unbearable. I told myself I have to let go but there was another problem - I didn’t know how to.

But one day, I think my prayer had been answered.

It was something like a dream. I remember being at jetty with a windmill. I don’t think that place really existed, though. So I was there, trying to pull up this one load that's been weighing me down. I tried so hard I hurt my hands and body but the load that was in the water still won’t come up.

So that was the turning point. Finally, I did what I had to do, I let go, slowly. As I watched it drifted away into the sea, I wept, knowing that I would never ever see it again. It was painful but somehow, I felt relief at the same time. A part of me was breaking, but another part was healing.

So I guess, that was my analogy of letting go. Or my method.

Later in life, every time I need to let go of something, I will bring myself back to the jetty,

And then, I let go.

No comments: