Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Apothecary

apothecary
əˈpɒθɪk(ə)ri/
  1. a person who prepared and sold medicines and drugs.


Or in another word, it means pharmacist. Pheww, what a difficult word.

Entah kenapa perkataan ni susah sangat nak masuk dalam kepala. Walaupun dah exposed dengan perkataan ni a few years ago - I remember signing up for membership for a pharmacy - D'Apotic. Although at that time I thought it was just a meaningless name.

Dan awal tahun ni, masa aku google info regarding 'food to avoid during rashes break-out' dalam Bahasa Melayu, sebab aku rasa pemakanan kita tak sama dengan the westeners so maybe the info would be more precise if I looked it up in Malay-language-based websites. So macam biasalah, kebanyakannya adalah websites in Bahasa Indonesia, so yeah, they use a lot of 'apotik' word.

But what triggered me the most was when I watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S, the Pottery Barn episode, it revolves around Rachel's and Ross' apothecary table. And I failed every time I wanted to recall the table's name.

So, I hope by writing this, it will somehow stuck in my head. I just want to remember it even though I am pretty sure I'm not going to ever use the word, haha.


2 comments:

Kay said...

Kalau kat Indonesia farmasi dia tulis kedai apotek. Diorang kata bahasa Belanda, tapi tak rajin nak google.

mygoldpen said...

Aah..German & Dutch masih guna perkataan ni (hasil Google 😜)