Saturday, April 21, 2018

The Stolen Voice [Extended Version]


I used to be someone with a voice
a happy voice
a curious voice

and a bit of a noisy voice,
                 so I was told.

And I believed it when you told me
        to shut up
that I must be distracting,
I must be annoying.

So I shut my mouth ever since
believing that my words were not necessary,
not important.

Because all I wanted to do then
was doing the right thing
And you made me believe
being quiet is one

I had lost my voice
since the days you told me to shut up

And then I grew up
struggling to find my voice back
when there was so much that I wanted to say,
when I needed to stand up for myself.

but I just can’t find it back
I never have found it back

All I could remember was how you told me
to “Shut up”

I think you stole my voice
along with my self-esteem.


Disclaimer: All poems may be or may not be from my own experience. Some are merely from observationsJust chill, don't speculate. Just trying to be ‘creative’ here 😝😝 ✌🏽

No comments: